Stephen Ministry is a win-win situation for all involved—it multiplies blessings throughout the church and community.
• Congregations receive a practical and powerful way to respond to Christ’s Commandment: Love one another as I have loved you (John 15:12).
• Pastors have a team of gifted, trained and committed lay caregivers ready to minister to hurting people. Stephen Ministry supports pastors by deepening, expanding and extending the caregiving capacity of their congregations. A team of Stephen Ministers, together with a pastor, can provide ongoing care to more people than the pastor can provide alone. This also frees pastors to invest more time in other important ministry areas.
• Laypeople nurture and use their gifts in meaningful ministry, growing spiritually as they serve.
• People who are hurting have a compassionate companion—a caring Christian friend who provides emotional and spiritual support.
• Stephen Ministers often provide care for people in the community, enhancing and expanding a congregation’s outreach in a powerful way.
If you or someone you know needs the support of a caring Stephen Minister, contact Referrals Coordinator Peggy Williams at (478) 719-3340 or email@example.com or the church staff. If you are interested in becoming a Stephen Minister, contact any Stephen Leader (Renee Bennett, Kam Cook, Ruth DuCharme, John Jarrard, Cheryl Sjoquist or Peggy Williams) or Stephen Minister.
Our Stephen Ministry program needs your ongoing prayers and support to make a difference in the life of HHBC.
Recognizing that God is the ultimate Cure Giver, the Mission of the Highland Hills Baptist Church Stephen Ministry is to serve God and bring Christ’s healing love to individuals who are experiencing life’s challenges through confidential, non-judgmental, one-on-one Christian care.